2015年11月13日星期五

Self-Evaluation Form BA1a


   I would like to talk about the knowledge I have gained in this unit of conceptual design. In this unit, we have covered insect design, timepiece-design and Tinderbox character design. Beside this we learned all about how to use the ZBrush and a life drawing course. I am enjoying the lessons of this unit. Because I have learnt a lot of important things about design skills .This unit also lets me know things I may need for future projects. I receive a new task every two weeks, so I would like to finish my design in each two week period. Then I could use the remaining time to check my work and to complete my research.

   Whenever I am ready to do a new design I would first research and source information about the design. For example I would find out the history, culture and fashion style. Also I would look at other people's work to find some inspirations. Because in the process of looking, I always think of something which may spark my Interest. I will then start to design and draw my tasks when I find the material. I always record my thoughts when my idea is 'fresh'. I would like to select and combined them to make them look better for people. Then I would choose the design materials with my interests for more practical ideas. Because I would like to make my work more technical. I hope the tasks have a historical feature because I would not like just to make my works beautiful looking but also to make it more interesting and powerful to people.

   This unit made me strengthen the ability for original design. It also showed me my own shortcomings. I think I have many problems I need to overcome; For example, use limited time to make my work, to be fluid with my imagination. Or use existing resources to construct more attractive works. I think my work is just on the track within basic guidelines but they haven’t got more sublimation. Especially in the design of Tinderbox, I find a problem for myself which is if I know the story of the task I will be bound to create the work. When I decided to choose the Witch for my final character, I knew she would be an ugly woman as depicted in this time period of history .So I was then influenced by  this storyline; I followed the setting and stuck to the original requirements . But the good thing is I learned how to use elements and used them in this age period.  It also lets me know people's views on something in that age. But I think my works not good enough. I hope whatever I do I can improve on my original design.  Like my insect design. I would like to use a wide range of creative power to design a more complete role, Instead of just using the existing possibilities to create roles. I hope I could design both in a fantasy way, and make them attractive to people. The work on my timepiece, I found problems of which I devoted too much energy to design its appearance and connotation, but practical considerations in the game are not considered enough.

   Now I would like to talk about my other study course.  When I started to use the ZBrush I really didn't know how to use it because different languages are very hard for me to understand. But my course tutor is very patient and understanding this and some online tutorials help me in my class. So I think this is the easiest way for me to learn new things. I have learned some basic operations and applications. I’m looking forward to use 3D software to create my own character in the future. Then I would like to try to do some 3D-CG and 3D animation in my spare time. About the life drawing course, I think it's a very important course because in this course I strengthen the drawing skills of the human body. I also would like to practice the life drawing skills in my spare time.

There are more small problems that frequently occur when I was doing my artwork. I cannot summarize each of these trends and give brief examples, but I will try to gradually improve these problems in the future. I would like to strive to be able to make my work exemplary in a short time. I hope my artwork has the connotation and appeal to every audience even though I do the work as my job or for my own personal gratification.

没有评论:

发表评论